Ranker X vs GSA SER vs Money Robot – The lowdown on the best SEO automation tool
There’s a general consensus among the internet marketing community that automated SEO tools are only as good as the guy who uses them.
In simpler terms, if you can use the tools well, you can create a well-rounded link profile in a fraction of the time it usually does.
We tend to disagree.
We have seen expert SEO ‘techies’ struggle to handle automated tools, not because they were unaware of how the tools work or how to build links with them.
It’s more because not all SEO tools are built equally. That’s coming from experience because we have used almost every automated SEO tool released in the past decade.
Some have a cumbersome user interface that can take months, if not years, to master.
Others haven’t updated their hard-coded link databases in months which means even if you use the best proxies and servers to run a link campaign, and you are left with very few live links. Even the ones that go live aren’t worth anything good.
Whereas some of the newer ones are aggressively marketed, the lack of after-sales support which we believe is a critical variable that can determine your success rates with SEO tools.
After reading a lot of comparison requests by newbie internet marketers, we figured it was the right time to add our two cents to this.
Today, we will make an in-depth comparison of the top three automated SEO tools in the business currently, which are Ranker X, GSA SER and Money Robot.
In the comparison, we will look at factors like ease of use, quality of links, what it is ideal for and after-sales support. This comparison will be an unbiased and unabridged one. So if we find any nits, rest assured that those will be highlighted as well.
Here we go.
An overview of the three
Before we get into the details, it is essential to know some background history about these tools.
GSA SER, or Search Engine Ranker, is one of the earliest SEO tools that changed the face of link building as we knew it back in the day. It was launched in 2012, and it is coded by GSA Software Development and Analytics, a German software company. In fact, to this day, it remains one of the most widely used link-building tools in the world. In fact, we can safely say that it was the launch of GSA SER that made SENUKEX obsolete, which until then, enjoyed a free reign in the market.
Ranker X joined the party a little late. It was late in 2015 when we heard about this new tool that was creating a buzz in the IM community. The main reason behind the buzz was that there was a notable difference in the ‘type’ of links you could churn up with Ranker X.
Money Robot Submitter was first launched in 2014, if we aren’t mistaken. The company behind it is Softtech Software Development, and like most other automated link-building tools that were created in those days, there was a lot of hype and positive press, which helped skyrocket sales for a while. But after four years, it is finding it tough to hold its own against the competition in an era where frequent Google updates are hard to keep up with.
Let’s take a look at the type of links that you can build with each of these tools because, in the end, that’s what matters the most.
Automated Link Building with software
Every link-building tool is like a double-edged sword. Some of them are more powerful than others. But for a newbie, it’s as good as getting their hands on a Lamborghini. You’ve got to have some amount of control and driving expertise before you take that beast on a spin. Else, it gets out of control, and you crash.
Regarding link building, nothing even comes close to what GSA SER can do for you.
GSA SER: Unlike other link-building tools, which have websites and platforms hard-coded into them, GSA SER supports more than 120 platforms. This allows you to scrape your own sites to build links using SERengine or buy existing/verified site lists from sellers on their forum. So, in essence, you can build a whole bunch of varied link types that include Web 2.0s, Wikis, Social Networks, comments, videos, micro-blogs, Bookmarks, Articles, directories and more with GSA SER. You can filter the link type by tailoring down the platforms to which you choose to build links.
Ranker X: Ranker X is very similar to SENUKEX in its design. However, it has a more streamlined and updated user interface that makes it easier. RankerX allows you to choose ‘Premium’ only links which are websites or platforms with excellent Domain Authority ratings. There are social networks, bookmarks, web profiles, Wikis, PDF-sharing sites, Press Release sites and more. Therein lies the most significant advantage of the tool. You can make excellent Tier 1 links using RankerX premium sites. These are the ones that one sees in SEO campaigns that are labelled ‘Pure Whitehat’.
Money Robot: Money Robot has a very identical site list as RankerX does. You can select the sites based on the DA, and you can build Web 2.0s, Social Networks, bookmarks, directories, Wikis, Press Releases, Article directory submissions, Forums and Web 2.0 profiles; it also has the option to create campaigns from preset campaign templates, these templates can also be purchased from others.
Ease of use and Success Rates
Two factors will inadvertently affect the type of links you can build with automated tools.
- Ease of use of the software – We choose to automate link building because manual link building is too time-consuming and cumbersome. It doesn’t make sense then if you have to spend hours figuring out how to make links in the first place.
- Success rates – The software might claim it can post a link to Forbes (just an example). But it doesn’t necessarily mean the submission will be successful or the link won’t be moderated or deleted. Eventually, it is the success rate that matters.
Let’s take a look at each of these from these perspectives.
GSA SER: As much as we love GSA SER, we hate the user interface and how cumbersome it is to learn when you are a beginner. Today, we offer GSA SER link building, proxies, VPS and Captcha services to other SEO companies. But when we were rank newbies, we struggled with it. So, of the three, GSA SER will be the most difficult to master. Your success rates will be determined by the link list you use or scrape and the quality of your Proxies and captcha services. If you don’t cut corners with any of these aspects, then the success rate with GSA can be sky-high.
RankerX: RankerX has an excellent user interface that makes it easy to select sites, create campaigns, and they also have an inbuilt wizard to help beginners get used to the software. So, we’d say it ranks higher than GSA SER regarding ease of use. Considering that you have good-quality private proxies, a VPS and a reliable captcha service, the success rate with RankerX is pretty good. Not as high as GSA SER, but good enough for a quality tiered link-building campaign.
Money Robot: Money Robot submitter is one of the most accessible automated SEO tools we have ever used. If you are a beginner, you can get going in minutes with Money Robot. It’s a no-brainer. You can easily select sites, set up your campaign, and integrate third-party services. The excellent user interface is marred by a lack of essential functions such as scheduling and controlling the rate or time frame in which a campaign is being built. Irrespective of the quality of the captcha and proxies, we have always had relatively O.K. success rates with Money Robot.
Updates and Support
As mentioned earlier, nothing is permanent in the ever-dynamic world of search engines. For this reason, frequent updates to the software program ensure that ‘bugs’ are fixed, and new features are integrated to comply with the changes.
- GSA SER is a clear winner when it comes to updates. If you log on to their website and check the changelog at the bottom of the home page, you can see that it has come a long way from the first version, which was 1.20, to 12.51, which is the latest version at the time of posting this article. In all the years we have been using GSA SER, there has been at least one weekly update. Sometimes, it’s multiple updates a week, likewise, with support. GSA SER has one of the most active forums we have ever seen. You can expect a reply, either from the developer Sven or from one of the other GSA forum members, within a day. If you prefer a more one-on-one solution, you can email Sven a PM on the forum. After-sales support is top-notch. They do not offer Skype support, nor do they have a Facebook group. But it’s not required.
- RankerX is usually updated once a month. Sometimes, they hold back for a while and then roll out a considerable update once in a few months. Coming to support, they have a three-member team manning their Skype support system. Basic queries are answered by two of the support reps, who we believe are from India. If they cannot solve the query, it is escalated to the developer, who then, reverts within 24 hours. They also offer email support. But if you have an advanced problem, it will take time to resolve.
- Money Robot is updated the least among the three. In the little time we have used the software, we have seen very few updates. They are one of the only guys that offer telephone customer support, though. The line is open 7:00 am – 9:30 pm PT Sunday – Saturday. We tried getting through but had to wait more than 45 minutes, and we eventually hung up. They also have a forum, but you rarely get answers to queries and threads. Occasionally, another member might respond. But you rarely get a direct reply from the developer Nick. They have a Facebook group, but posts are moderated. So your query might never get posted in the group. The only way to directly reach the developer is via Skype. But he seems overwhelmed with all the support requests, and you’d rarely get an answer before 72 hours, if ever at all.
Pricing/Value for money
Which of these software offers the best bang for your buck? Let’s take a look at their pricing models.
- RankerX: RankerX has a $49.99 monthly subscription, costing a whopping $799 for a lifetime license. Considering the expenses for third-party services, it does cost a pretty penny. One of how we have always used RankerX is to use it when we need to build excellent Tier 1 links and then unsubscribe for a while. It works much better than spending $799 upfront without knowing whether it will or will not work for your link-building goals.
- GSA SER: They have a one-time fee of $99, including taxes. You can get a discount coupon here on Asia Virtual Solutions, which brings the price down to a reasonable $92.07. Please remember that you’d still need to invest in a quality VPS, captcha service and proxies to run campaigns with GSA SER. But if we were to compare it with any other software in terms of ROI, GSA SER is worth every dime you spend on it, especially if you plan to get full-time into IM. Otherwise, hiring a company to build links using GSA SER for you makes a lot more sense or get an all-inclusive GSA SER VPS from Asia Virtual Solutions.
- Money Robot: Money Robot has a $67 monthly subscription model and costs $497 for a lifetime license. Considering the poor after-sales support and the dismal submission rates, we’d say that it is the most expensive one of the lot when you compare the ROI.
Who is it ideal for
Last but not least, we have the million-dollar question. Who should consider investing in automated SEO tools? Is it for the newbie entrepreneur looking to dip his toes into the world of IM?
Or is it for full-time marketers running this as a business?
We’d go with the latter. If you have a few websites, why bother spending so much money and go through the learning curve with software?
Just hire an expert who can build links for you on autopilot.
But if you intend to build multiple campaigns with more than ten websites, go for software.
Our recommendations are as follows:
- GSA SER – Unarguably the best SEO software in the world, great support, a very active forum and responsive email support, and weekly updates make this our no.1. choice
- RankerX – Comes close on the heels of GSA SER. Very effective for Tier 1 links and can be combined with GSA SER to make an excellent tiered link campaign.
- Money Robot
– If we were you, we’d give this a miss. There is nothing remarkable about it; it has poor after-sales support too, and a lack of information and tutorials. If the developer wakes up and starts offering better support and interaction with his client, then this could hold great potential, but at this time, it is not there for us.
That’s it, folks. We hope this helps you make an informed choice while choosing SEO tools for your IM campaigns.
[row][one_third][call_to_action style=”default” size=”big” title=”GET GSA SER HERE” btn_title=” Purchase GSA SER Cheap” url=”https://asiavirtualsolutions.com/GSASer” target=”_self” btn_color=”theme” btn_style=”float-btn” effect=”none”]Buy GSA Search Engine Ranker At Our Special Discounted Price[/call_to_action][/one_third][one_third][call_to_action style=”default” size=”big” title=”GET MONEY ROBOT HERE” btn_title=” Purchase Money Robot” url=”https://asiavirtualsolutions.com/moneyrobot” target=”_self” btn_color=”theme” btn_style=”float-btn” effect=”none”]Purchase Money Robot Submitter[/call_to_action][/one_third][one_third][call_to_action style=”default” size=”big” title=”GET RANKERX HERE” btn_title=” Purchase Ranker X” url=”https://asiavirtualsolutions.com/rankerx” target=”_self” btn_color=”theme” btn_style=”float-btn” effect=”none”]Purchase Ranker X from here[/call_to_action][/one_third][/row]